Cook's Illustrated 25th Birthday Bash
The year was 1993 ...
Meat Loaf (that’s fitting!) was atop the Billboard singles chart, The X-Files had everyone talking, Jurassic Park roared into movie theaters, and a very different cooking magazine hit newsstands. It featured an oil painting of spring produce on its cover, tips on how to zest citrus and shop for the best eggplant, a guide to breaking down poultry, and recipes for, among other things, flaky biscuits, roast chicken, and grilled pizza peppered throughout its 32 pages. It cost 4 dollars and contained no advertising.
Let’s party like it’s 1993, see how Cook’s Illustrated changed home cooking since, and what’s ahead for the next 25 years.
- Enjoy unlimited food from Boston’s premiere chefs and mingle with them in this intimate setting
- Sample unlimited beer, wine, and spirits
- Birthday cake and specialty birthday cocktails
- Meet our TV cast and test cooks and get your cookbooks and favorite Cook’s Illustrated issues signed
- 90’s music curated by TJ the DJ
- Hands-on brand experiences (check back for more details)
- This event is 21+. Everyone else, join us Sunday for our Kids Fest!
VIP access includes one hour early entry, a VIP lounge with exclusive wine and food pairings, plus a gift bag which includes the latest ATK book!